среда, 24 мая 2017 г.

Take A Seat


These chairs were for sale at a silent auction in my local church hall and as I was the only person who bid for them, they were very cheap. I think nobody else was interested because they were pretty battered and scuffed.
They sat in my garage for a few weeks because I couldn't decide what to do with them, but one morning it just came to me.
I decided to paint and stencil the seat and back rests only, leaving the legs unpainted.




take a seat, painted furniture, Before




Once the white paint was dry, I added stenciled pattern using a soft grey colour and a mix of different stencils.
On the chairs where I used the repeating pattern, I decided to leave a part of the back rest plain. This was for no reason other than I thought it looked good, although I did deliberate over this a little.
Finally I added a couple of coats of water based, clear, matt varnish.
Because I left the legs unpainted, it was such a quick project to complete but I'm really pleased with the results. In fact I have also painted and stenciled the remaining three chairs grey with white stencils and they look pretty good too


take a seat, painted furniture




Take a look at my blog for more details and if you want to find the stencils take a look at my website here
www.nicolettetabram.co.uk


take a seat, painted furniture, After





Original article and pictures take http://www.hometalk.com/14505271/take-a-seat site


Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий